The International University Seminar for Balkan Studies and Specialization to South-West University “Neofit Rilski”, Blagoevgrad invites you to take part in the 27th International Round Table
EXPERIMENT, POWER, SOCIETY
The Round table is organized in the frame of the project “Knowledge Exchange and Academic Cultures. Europe and the Black Sea Region” and will take part on
23.03. – 24.03.2018 in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
We offer to discuss:
- Knowledge and power (Michel Foucault)
- The experiment and the birth of the modern science
- Social engineering, science and ideological power
- Scientific paradigms and innovations – West and East
- Science, technology, society: the “objects” of social experiment
- Modern technologies, social changes, symbolic power (literature, science, art)
- The new media, propaganda and new power
- Language collapses and reforms – standardization and innovation
- Discovery – geographical, social and political dimensions
- Power on nature: ecological experiments and consequences
- National projects – Revival, Enlightenment, Reformation
- The life of laboratory
- Youth and pedagogical experiments
- The appearance of international organizations – national and global power
- Center and periphery – diffusion of social and political models
- Women in science, female education and feminism
- Archives and the hidden power
- Ethics of experiment
- Audit culture, control and University
Please send your proposals and abstracts in English to e-mail: email@example.com – Deadline 1.03.2018.
We would like to inform you that the program of the conference will be on the web site of the Balkanistic Seminar (www.bf.swu.bg) after 15th of March 2018.
The materials of the conference will be published in the Journal “Balkanistic Forum” after being reviewed. The Editorial board of the Journal is entrusted to select the material to be published. The Journal is referee in Scopus, ERIH PLUS and РИНЦ.
The working languages of the conference are Bulgarian and English.
The colleagues who will present their papers in Bulgarian language have to provide a detailed abstract in English or Power point presentation in English.
The travel and accommodation expenses should be covered by the participants themselves or by the institutions they are working in.
If you need assistance in booking hotel in Blagoevgrad please contact us by mail firstname.lastname@example.org