- To research on the implications of the forceful integration of the South Caucasus into the Soviet Union on the development of local academic cultures.
- To discuss the importance of the BSR’s first women in scientific leading positions.
- To analyse the role of Socialism and the Communist International in the transfer of ideas within the BSR.
- To discuss Western European political discussions of the BSR such as in Karl Kautsky’s works on Georgia.
- To research on the background and implications of bourgeois concepts in the Balkan parts of the BSR.
- To analyse the role of conferences in the framework of the Balkan Entente and of related associations.
- To focus on the increasing importance of emigration as a factor in knowledge exchange and transfer.
- To analyse the transition of an Ottoman to a Turkish academic culture and the implications of it for the BSR.