- To help to understand the BSR within the Soviet Union’s knowledge exchange system.
- To focus on the increase of women in the BSR’s scientific world.
- To research on the relation between ideological concepts and knowledge exchange and transfer in the BSR.
- To map and interpret emigration flows from the BSR
- To analyse the role and societal implications of Russian as lingua franca
- To reflect about Turkey’s and Greece’s role within an ideologically dominated system of knowledge transfer in the BSR.
- To discuss the shifts in the BSR’s academic cultures caused by the doctrines of Socialist realism.