- To critically reflect on the progressive integration of the BSR in the European Research Area and globalisation.
- To analyse the post-Socialist era in the BSR in respect to the development of its academic cultures.
- To focus on the role of the internet and new media coining knowledge transfer in and of a post-Socialist BSR.
- To put the reorganization and restructuring of universities and academies into perspective.
- To reflect on new concepts and new networks in the BSR’s academic cultures.
- To outline the causes and effects of brain drain in the BSR.
- To research the transition from Russian to English as lingua franca in the BSR.
- To outline the new dimension of diaspora knowledge transfer affecting the BSR.